TLE has been home to many creative and breakthrough artists since our inception in 2006. We love working with all of them, especially working with them to get their initial work out and see how they blossom. While some are not active on our label presently, we do keep in touch and consider them all friends for life.
Listen to the song "Lake of Flames"This EP is rock in its finest form--heavy, sludgy yet blazing guitars, ethereal vocals all seem to come out of your speakers smelling faintly of booze and weed. Think Dinosaur Jr., Built to Spill, Mudhoney...the real deal.
- 1. No Thanks
3. Sorry I Asked
4. Lake Of Flames
5. Hopefully My Life Won't Suck
- Starving Daughers Starving Daughters is an LA-based band that is simultaneously psychedelic and cinematic. Members Chris Tillotson, Chris Holder, Mason Owen, and Jack Hutchings deliver fuzzy, cosmic sound waves for your listening pleasure.
Listen to the song "Chaos"Nadine Mooney's first full length recording, MouseHouseWormHole, was originally conceived as Ghost sculptures" while the artist studied at Pacific Northwest College of Art. The 10 songs on MouseHouseWormHole are as enigmatic played forward (on the first half of the album) as they are disquieting in reverse (on the last half of the album). Recorded solely by Nadine Mooney on a dying cassette 8 track during the summer of 2007, it is her romantic and organic antithesis to the digital changeover. Flutes, whistles, chimes and shakers accompany her signature primal-warble and delicate guitar plucking to create a singular musical landscape that is a spellbinding work in both forward and reverse.
- 1. Important Things
3. Lovely Day
4. How It Feels To Blossom
5. Funny Box
7. Secret Lobotomy Love Me Forever
8. When Trees Rule The World
9. Going Away
12. Yawa Gniog
13. Dlrow Eht Elur Seert Newh
14. Reverof Em Evol Ymotobol Terces
15. Soahc 16. Xob Ynnuf
17. Mossolb Ot Sleef Ti Woh
18. Yad Ylevol 19. Tsiegretlop
20. Sgniht Tnatropmi
- Nadine Mooney is an enigmatic mystery artist who leaves a path like tea leaves in your cup.
We Live in Houses Made of Wood
Listen to the song "Sand Dollar"Small Sur's debut full-length album is drenched in nostalgia and features the quietly powerful voice and lyrics of frontman and band founder Bob Keal. Mixed by Adam Cooke and mastered by Rob Girardi (Arbouretum, Beach House, and Celebration), the record features instrumental and vocal contributions from members of Wye Oak (Merge Records), Madagascar (Western Vinyl), and Private Eleanor (The Beechfields).
- 1. Everyone
2. Ohhhhh Pt. 1
3. Ohhhhh Pt. 2 (Russel)
4. Sand Dollar
7. The Wind
8. I Love the Sun
9. The Kelp
10. Two Mantras
11. Sea Stones
- Small Sur Baltimore’s Small Sur, led by Bob Keal has been quietly building a fan base for several years with their nostalgic, breezy sing-along songs. They make the best seventies California music that never was.
Vol. XII: There'll Be Diamonds
Listen to the song "Little Leaf"After 13 years writing, recording, and producing, Scott Garred aka Super XX Man, has cultivated a mildly edgy modern rock sound in the new release Volume XII: There’ll Be Diamonds. Previous releases have garnered acclaim from the likes of Bob Boilen, host of All Songs Considered (If we're going to choose ten songs every week, let it be Super XX Man”) and Amy McCullough, music editor of Willamette Week ("If love had a sound, this would be it”). Although there’s plenty of the familiar Super XX Man-style of music on his latest album, what will no doubt surprise many long time fans are the moody, foreboding tracks that lie at the heart of the album. Songs like “Medication,” “Little Leaf,” and “Crazy People” help to comprise, as Garred says, “my most sonically ambitious album to date.” Songs are marked by washes of feedback, dark atmospherics and pointillist lyrics that chronicle the lives of the people Garred worked with at the Oregon State Hospital, the oldest psychiatric institution in his home state.
- 1. Medication
2. Psychotic Break
3. Crazy People
4. You Say
5. There'll Be Diamonds
6. Big Balloon
7. House _ Home
8. Little Leaf
9. What Lies Beneath
10. 5A Problem
11. It's Now
12. Downtown Chapel
13. Cautious Like A Panther
- Super XX Man Super XX Man (pronounced super double x) is the long-time home recording project of Scott Garred. Austin, TX 1995 - Super XX Man started releasing full-length cassette tapes to give to friends. Over the years, the project has moved around a lot - Portland, OR., Melbourne, Australia, Seattle, WA., and now San Francisco, CA.
Song Force Crystal
Listen to the song "Opposite People"Hosannas' debut LP, Song Force Crystal was recorded in a living room to an 8-track tape machine resulting in a warmth and rawness commonly found in 70's era basement productions. The songs revel in dense slabs of tape saturation, perfect for showcasing cavernous four-part harmonies and trebly tube amplifiers. At once expansive and cohesive, experimental yet familiar, brooding one moment and soothing the next, Song Force Crystal is a contradiction of sounds.
- 1. Graveyard
2. Opposite People
3. Hidden Tone
4. Quilty’s Guilty
7. Crab Magic
8. Golden Girls
- Hosannas “Every day feels like a major crossroads in one of those Choose Your Own Adventure books that we used to read as kids,” Hosannas’ founding brothers, Brandon and Richard Laws, told an interviewer in 2012 of their writing and recording process. It’s also a pretty apt description of listening to the Portland, Oregon, band’s albums. Brandon and Richard grew up listening to Kraftwerk and the Beach Boys, and those disparate influences are at the core of the duo’s haunting vocal harmonies, rich verbal imagery, and unpredictable guitar. The band’s instrumentation is diverse, as well: The Laws brothers are as comfortable mixing Bollywood samples with tin-foil piano as they are crossing hushed acapella harmonies with full-tilt power-shred rock-outs.
A Different Animal
Listen to the song "Zombies Remix [feat. TxE]"Radiation City and G_Force met on a basketball court. Their relationship began as rivals but evolved into a fruitful collaboration between like minds. After the band finished their sophomore record, Animals in the Median, G_Force expressed interest in remixing one of the songs, which snowballed into remixing the entire album, aptly titling it A Different Animal. You'll hear songs that use Radiation City hooks in their entirety, and others that distort the original samples until they're almost unrecognizable, setting them to a backdrop of pounding 808s. The goal here was to not only make a project together that would pay homage to the Portland hip-hop and indie scenes in equal measure (and hopefully create a healthy crossover), but to push the boundaries of both Radiation City's and G_Force's own respective musical approaches. The collaborating emcees who got on board with the project came from all corners of the US hip hop scene, from Juicy J, to Portland's own (and G_Force's group) TxE. Other notables include Sandpeople's Sapient, Chicago's trumpeteering R&B dark horse Sam Trump, and underground hip hop heavy weights, Strong Arm Steady.
- 1. Zombies Remix [feat. TxE]
2. So Long Remix [feat. Sam Trump]
3. Wash of Noise Remix [feat. OnlyOne, ILLmaculate, Luck-One & Celsius
4. Food Remix [feat. Blimp, Calvin Valentine & Juicy J]
5. Foreign Bodies Remix Skys Fall [feat. RIO]
6. Wary Eyes Remix Indulge Me [feat. Sapient ]
7. L.A. Beach Remix [feat. Strong Arm Steady & N.VS]
8. Entropia Remix [feat. OnlyOne & EPP]
9. Turbulence (Buckminsterfullerene Remix)
10. Summer Rain Remix [feat. Lady Remedy, Mark Noxx & EPP]
11. Lark Remix [feat. Kung Foo Grip & Ragen Fykes]
12. Call Me Remix [feat. TxE]
- G_Force is among the West Coast’s most prolific and eclectic artists, having toured the country with a rock band (on Warped Tour, nonetheless) and released solo hip-hop albums under the alias Calvin Valentine. G_Force has gained his widest acclaim as a hip-hop producer, working with national acts like Planet Asia, Bun B, and Devin the Dude. He’s left an inexorable mark on Portland, Oregon, hip-hop as well, both as a producer for acts like Illmaculate and Braille, and with his own group TxE.
Portland Smiles: A Tribute To The Beach Boys
- Portland Smiles features 11 Portland artists covering the 11 songs on The Beach Boys’ dark horse album, Smiley Smile. Covers from Typhoon and Radiation City appear alongside Adam Brock’s “Good Vibrations” and New Move’s “Vegetables”.
Portland Smiles: A Tribute to the Beach Boys Track Listing:
1. Collin Jenkins - Heroes and Villains
2. New Move - Vegetables
3. Turbo Perfecto feat. Operation Mission - Fall Breaks and Back to Winter
4. Porches - She's Goin' Bald
5. Radiation City - Little Pad
6. Adam Brock - Good Vibrations
7. Jared Mees & The Grown Children - With Me Tonight
8. Dave Depper - Wind Chimes
9. Seth Mankowski - Gettin' Hungry
10. Alison Ables - Wonderful
11. Typhoon - Whistle In