Rigsketball 2017 Compilation Cassette
- Each year Rigsketball releases a tape with tracks from all 32 bands playing in Rigsketball. This TWO HOUR beast can be yours! You can get it here, at TLE stores, or right at the tournament.
- Side A:
The Domestics - Tunnels and Trains
Animal Eyes - Where We Go
Shannon Entropy - No Disgrace
No Aloha - Diversions
Alberta Paper Company - Sugar
The Forever Agos - Want and Need
Stars' Blood - Back in the Bottle
Houlie and the Blowfish - Midnight Blues
Paper Brain - At All
Howard Ivans - Candy
Wet Dream - Basement Under the Ocean
Tribe Mars - $3 Kung Fu
Nic Wilkins - Frank Gore
AMANI - The Immortal
Ellington Willoughby and the Andrew Jacksons - Mothership
And And And - Holy Fucking Matrimony
Hustle and Drone - Voices of Ventriloquists
Hot Won't Quit - Grab the Wheel
Bastard Salt - More More More
WORWS - Sheltering Hand
Trick Sensei - When We Stray
Sorta Ultra - Don’t Lie To Me
The Get Ahead - Dollars For Doughnuts
This Fair City - Ebb & Flow
Foxy Lemon - Quite A Bit of Booty
Grammerhorn Wren - Pet Narc
Crushingcrayons - Dawn New Horizons
Space Shark - Helevator
The Quick & Easy Boys - Swipe Right
Donovan Trip - Cheer Up
Queen Chief - Sleeping Under Trees
Salvo Idly - Blame
- Rigsketball is a 32 band basketball tournament played on a regulation height hoop attached to a tour van. Rigsketball happens during the last two weeks of July in Portland, OR. We welcome any bands to sign up to play in the tournament for free. Check out their website for all details.
Listen to the song "Tenderness"In her most experimental and haunting album yet, Laura Gibson ruminates on grief and trauma and creates music that balances heavy darkness with radical hope.
RIYL: Jenny Lewis, Yo La Tengo, Dark Dark Dark, Laura Veirs, new beginnings
Barsuk Records 2018
- 1. I Carry Water
3. Slow Joke Grin
10. I Don't Want Your Voice to Move Me
- Laura Gibson grew up in Oregon, and briefly went to school for medicine before pursuing a career in music; today she has her MFA in writing, has released five solo albums, and has received praise from and been featured by NPR, The Guardian, Paste Magazine, and more. Her music consistently balances light and dark effortlessly and will probably make you cry.
Mother of My Children
Listen to the song "Soft Stud"Mother of My Children is Black Belt Eagle Scout's first full length album and combines ambient post-rock vibes with sweet melodic bedroom pop.
RIYL: Angel Olsen, (Sandy) Alex G, Sharon Van Etten, Mitski
- 1. Soft Stud
2. Indians Never Die
4. Mother of My Children
6. I Don't Have You in My Life
7. Just Lie Down
8. Sam, A Dream
- Black Belt Eagle Scout is the solo project of Katherine Paul, a member of the Swinomish Tribe of western Washington and an active part of the Portland music community. Her music takes inspiration from her native roots, her identity as a queer woman, experimental indie rock artists, and themes such as grief and loss.
Listen to the song "Sun Raisin"Tribe Mars' debut album is funky and jazzy and beautiful- the perfect soundtrack for smoking a joint in the sun or learning to love yourself.
RIYL: A Tribe Called Quest, Solange, De La Soul, jazz rap
- 1. Sun Raisin
6. Helio Cinnamon
7. Ode to An Elder
10. Super Pow
11. Best Fishes
12. Mystic Prose
- Tribe Mars is a guerrilla faction of freedom fighters combating tyranny and systemic oppression with music and values inherited from wise Martian elders. Tribe Mars is also an emerging soul R&B/hip-hop act based in Portland, OR. The culmination of diverse musical backgrounds of all the members has resulted in a unique, raw, old school meets new school, West coast meets East coast vibe that’ll be sure to have you groovin’.
Listen to the song "Mujer Santísima"El Tren is 11-member Orquestra Pacifico Tropical's fantastic second album.
RIYL: M.A.K.U. Soundsystem, Chicha Libre, explosive dance parties, psychedelic cumbia
- 1. Cumbia Chancla
2. Flor De Oro
4. Siglo Nuevo
5. El Tren
7. Isla De La Luz
8. Cumbia Marinero
10. Mujer Santísima
- Deep in the vein filled jungles of each of our hearts beats a music with roots as wide as continents and influence as deep as time itself: Cumbia, music of the Southern American Hemisphere. Orquestra Pacifico Tropical have taken this frenetic, addictive rhythm and accomplished what musicians across time and space have always done, bringing crowds into a blistering dance frenzy.